Hearts shouldn't be trusted

I feel lonely.
The loneliest I've ever felt.

My heart is in such a state of turmoil.
confusion
uncertainty

And I'm lonely.

My person isn't my person anymore.

I know I'm loved.
I'm surrounded by my own warrior tribe.

But no one gets it.
He's the only one I want to talk to.

And I'm lonely.

What if he wants me back?
My heart takes over finding any excuse to justify being with him.
Because forever doesn't just change.
How is it supposed to?

Please.
Someone tell me.

I don't understand.
How can it be anyone else?

Yes.
I was young.
I was naive.
I was stubborn.

But every single moment I really loved him.
With every bone in my body.
And I meant it when I said
til death.
___________________________

Peace.
Freedom from turmoil.
That's all my heart hopes for anymore.

"and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7