It will be okay.

It's been 18 days since you left.
18 days that seem like a lifetime.

Exulansis
(n.) the tendency to give up trying to talk about
an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

This.
It's isolating and lonely.

How are you supposed to talk about heartbreaking, dark things?
The real heartache and pain that divorce causes.
All the feelings.
saddness
relief
anger
nostalgia
rejection
confusion

This isn't how it was supposed to be.

We had 9 years together.
A third of my life.
You were my person.
I chose you.
I forgave you.
I encouraged you.
I fought for you.
I hoped for you.
I confided in you.
I let you in and gave you my heart.
I loved you with everything.

I still don't understand, and I'm not sure I ever will.

So here I am, continuing on with my life.
I can't stop, and I refuse to get stuck.
It's messy and imperfect, but I will have courage.
Even in my brokenness.




Comments